Information Sheet Downloads
Get Adobe PDF Reader if required: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- BLADDER DIARY
- CATHETER REMOVAL FACT SHEET
- CAVERJECT INJECTION THERAPY FOR IMPOTENCE
- CIRCUMCISION POST OPERATIVE CARE
- CYSTISTAT TREATMENT
- FLUID INTAKE OUTPUT DIARY
- INTERMITTENT SELF CATHETERISATION
- PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISE
- PENILE TRACTION THERAPY
- PENILE VACUUM THERAPY
- PRE-OPERATIVE WEIGHT LOSS DIET
- TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
- URINARY CATHETER CARE SHEET
Wellington Health Services Websites
- Wakefield Hospital (www.wakefield.co.nz)
- Southern Cross Hospital (hospitals.southerncross.co.nz/our-hospitals/wellington.aspx)
- Boulcott Hospital (www.boulcotthospital.co.nz)
- Pacific Radiology (pacificradiology.co.nz)
- Mobile Lithotriptor (www.mobilesurgical.co.nz)
- ADT IPhone App - (itunes.apple.com/nz/app/adt/id597361145?mt=8)
This APP is intended for men with advanced prostate cancer. It delivers automated reminders to alert patients about tests they require and provides information on side effects of hormonal therapy.
- PSA tracker APP - (itunes.apple.com/nz/app/psa-manager/id778436431?mt=8)
A convenient way to monitor your PSA
Prostate Information Websites
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of New Zealand (www.prostate.org.nz/)
- AUA guidelines on Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer (www.auanet.org/education/guidelines/castration-resistant-prostate-cancer.cfm)
- Cancer Society (www.cancernz.org.nz)
- Movember (nz.movember.com/)
- Blue September (www.blueseptember.org.nz)
Cx bladder is a new non-invasive bladder cancer detection test that measures unique molecular signals to identify bladder tumours.
Cx bladder has been proven to be more reliable than other urine based tests such as cytology.
Cx bladder can be used to:
- Replace the need for other urine-based tests such as cytology
- Complement cystoscopy for bladder cancer detection and surveillance
- Detect bladder tumours not visible by cystoscopy
- Triage patients presenting with microscopic haematuria that do not need a full workup
Cx bladder is available through Urology Care Wellington.
Abiraterone is an oral, once daily prescription medication used in combination with prednisone to treat men with advanced prostate cancer.
This cancer is resistant to standard androgen deprivation therapy and has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer). Abiraterone has been shown to extend survival in these men.
Abiraterone is available in New Zealand and is funded by Pharmac. I will discuss the possible benefit of Abiraterone treatment with you and arrange referral to a medical oncologist for this treatment if appropriate.
Worser Bay Boating club - www.wbbc.org.nz